Tuesday, June 10, 2008

First Night Witnessing

Tonight I went out with a group from my church witnessing to the people of downtown Minneapolis. I was surprised at how calm and bold I was. I have shared the gospel of Christ with people in the past, but have always felt nervous when I thought of walking up to total strangers and talking to them about Jesus.

We prayed that God would give us boldness and take the fear that several of us had and replace it with His peace. God is so gracious and he did just that.

Tonight I spoke with a Muslim cab driver about the difference between Jesus Christ and Mohammad. I don't think I've ever spoken to a Muslim before about his faith. I anticipated hostility, but he listened very intently.

After I explained that Christ paid for our sins with his very life, he said that Mohammad also will cover Muslims' sins on the judgment day. I labored with him to explain that God, being a just judge, demands payment for our sins and that Mohammad did not give this payment, but Jesus Christ did. He agreed that Mohammad did not make this payment.

I told him that I didn't know him, but that I cared what happened to him. He thanked me for talking with him, got in his cab, and left. I pray that God works in his heart so that he turns to Jesus Christ for the payment for his sins.

No comments: